Are you a lawyer in a dead end?
Want to leave the law behind?
Look no further! My name is Mark Ford.
A successful ex lawyer turned successful entrepreneur, the good news is you can be one.
I am a qualified solicitor with 29 years of experience, working for the Magistrates courts. I left my legal career in September 2006. I worked in a number of Magistrates courts as senior legal advisor to Magistrates. As I performed my duties to a high standard in a number of complex situations in recognition of this I was handed the following responsibilities:
- The management of many administrative projects
- The successful improvement of business performance factors in key areas.
- Provide legal and procedural advice to Magistrates in their dealings with all criminal cases.
- The creation of an asset recovery panel.
- Developing a system for asset recovery.
- Training a panel of Magistrates in the appropriate laws and systems for asset recovery.
- Liaison and co operation with legal authorities in asset recovery from those involved in criminal activity.
- Member of a team of legal advisors involved in the administration and provision of legal advice in family proceedings.
- Appointed as legal advisor to a licencing committee
- Liaison and co operation with local authorities and licencing committee members in administration of the law relating to the issue of liquor licences.
I found my passion and niche in the licencing law and was as happy as Larry. Unfortunately due to the government changing the licencing laws and devolving this function to local authorities, I suddenly found myself in a backwater.
My job function then suddenly changed from being a lawyer to becoming an over qualified clerk. Now I was stuck and incredibly disillusioned.
I was then faced with the following choices:
- Stay where I was ,work the 9 to 5 drudge, and take home my monthly salary.
- Make a change and follow my dreams.
As a qualified lawyer, in our years at school, we are equipped with some very useful tools namely, brilliant organisational, communication, managerial and analytical skills. So I put these to good use and had a serious brainstorming session and very quickly made the decision to change my chosen career path.
From a young age I had always had the desire to work from home and be my own boss. So having applied the skills we lawyers have, I branched out at the age of 46.
I now have a property management business with a portfolio of 21 properties and an online home based business opportunity business.
I have been involved in these two businesses for the last 10 years now and can say with absolute confidence that my decision to leave the law has been one of the best I have ever made.
I am a senior mentor with the Six Figure Mentor program and am a founding member of the Digital Experts Academy. My particular field of expertise is in no or low cost internet marketing. I have been tasked by the Six Figure Mentors and Digital Experts Academy to develop educational programs for them in this field. I also mentor over 300 members at present.
My goal, I have discovered, is to be able to offer you a mentor willing and able to prove to you that you can make a change and achieve your dreams and desires.
Wishing you every success in your new endeavours.
CEO and Founder Nice Money Publications Limited - http://nicemoneypublications.com
Home business lifestyle coaching with Mark Ford, loyally stepping up for others SO THAT they are given inner peace.
Many people live the life they think they have to live. They are overworked, underpaid, and unfulfilled. But the good news is that it doesn't have to be this way. My name is Mark Ford and my goal is to help you recognize your potential and equip you with the skills you need to turn that potential into a viable online home business in the digital economy.
We have to stop making excuses and make it happen, whatever that is for you?